Kids' Recipe: English Muffin Veggie Pizza
An English muffin veggie pizza is a fun way to make your own little pizza. You can add veggies and cheese to make it look like a silly face.
Ask a grown-up for help to make this healthy and tasty snack.
What You Need
- 1 whole-grain English muffin
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- Shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon
How to Make an English Muffin Veggie Pizza
1) Wash your hands.
2) Wash and dry the red pepper, tomato, and broccoli.
3) Get help to open the jar of pizza sauce.
4) Open the package of cheese.
5) Take an English muffin out of the package. Ask a grown-up to help you pull the top apart from the bottom. Put the top and bottom of your English muffin on a plate. Now you have two halves. Each half can be a little pizza. Each little pizza is enough for one person.
Get the vegetables ready. You will need help from a grown-up to cut the vegetables.
1) Cut the red bell pepper into long strips.
2) Cut the tomato into small pieces.
3) Break off small pieces of broccoli.
Build your veggie pizza.
1) Use the spoon to get 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce from the jar. Use the spoon to spread it on top of one of your English muffin halves. Do the same thing to the other half.
2) Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce.
3) Now you're going to make a face on the pizza using veggies. Put 1 or 2 red bell pepper strips on the English muffin for a mouth.
4) Put 1 or 2 tomato pieces in the center of the English muffin for a nose.
5) Put two pieces of broccoli on your pizza for eyes.
Cook and eat your pizza.
1) Have a grown-up bake your pizza in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
2) Let the pizza cool before you eat it. Yummy!