Eat a Food Rainbow
In this article
Do you know a red fruit? Do you know a yellow fruit? There are a lot of colors of fruits.
Do you know a green vegetable? Vegetables are sometimes called veggies. Do you know an orange veggie? There are a lot of colors of veggies.
Kids need to eat a lot of colors of fruits and veggies every day. Eating fruits and veggies with a lot of colors helps you grow and stay well.
- Red fruits and veggies help keep your heart strong.
- Orange fruits and veggies help keep your eyes healthy.
- Yellow fruits and veggies help keep you from getting sick.
- Green fruits and veggies help make your bones and teeth strong.
- Blue and purple fruits and veggies help your memory.
Here is a food game to play. It is called the Food Rainbow Game. This food game helps you eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Eating fruits and veggies of many colors helps you stay healthy and strong.
How to Play the Food Rainbow Game
Draw a picture of a rainbow.
1) Do you know what a rainbow looks like? Ask your mom or dad to help you draw a rainbow.
2) Use crayons or markers to draw your rainbow. A rainbow has all these colors.
Take your rainbow picture to the table when you eat.
3) Look at your plate. Do you see any fruit on your plate? What color is the fruit? Put an X in the fruit color on your rainbow picture.
4) Look at your plate. Do you see any veggies on your plate? What color is the veggie? Put an X in the veggie color on your rainbow picture.
5) Put your rainbow picture in a safe, clean place. Take your picture to the table each time you eat.
Are there a lot of Xs in your rainbow? Good job!
Eat a lot of fruit and vegetable colors every day! Eat red, green, yellow, orange, and purple fruits and veggies. Eating colorful fruits and vegetables is good for your body and mind. Ask your mom and dad what fruits and veggies you might like.