Kids' Recipe: Fruit and Cheese Pretzel Kabobs
In this article
Have fun making these crunchy fruit and cheese pretzel kabobs. They are a food you can eat with your hands! You don't need a spoon, or fork, or toothpick.
You get to put fruit or cheese on a pretzel stick. Then, you can eat the fruit or cheese and then eat the stick, too!
Ask a grown-up for help to make this tasty snack.
What You Need
- Whole-grain pretzel sticks
- Reduced-fat cheese cubes
How to Make Fruit and Cheese Pretzel Kabobs
Get ready. Have a grown-up help you.
1) Wash your hands.
2) Open the package of pretzel sticks.
3) Open the package of cheese cubes.
4) Wash the grapes.
Build the Kabobs.
5) Choose 3 cubes of cheese.
6) Choose 3 pretzel sticks.
7) Stick 1 pretzel stick in each cube of cheese.
8) Place these 3 cheese kabobs on your plate.
9) Choose 3 grapes.
10) Choose 3 pretzel sticks.
11) Stick 1 pretzel stick in each of the grapes.
12) Place these 3 grape kabobs on your plate.
Ready to Eat.
13) Now you have 6 kabobs. Your kabobs are ready to eat. Delicious!
Why Fruit and Cheese Pretzel Kabobs Are Healthy for You
This crunchy pretzel snack has lots of good stuff that helps your body grow healthy and strong.
Children are more likely to eat something that they have helped make. Fruit and cheese pretzel kabobs are a fun way to allow children to make their own snacks.
Allow children to decide what kinds of fruits to choose for the kabobs. Offer them a variety of fruits. Use bananas, watermelon, or strawberries. Or choose green grapes instead of red.
These kabobs provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber that will help your children grow healthy and strong.
WebMD Medical Reference