Kids' Recipe: Yogurt Sundae
You can make a yogurt sundae for breakfast or a snack. Add in fruit for sweetness and low-sugar cereal for crunch!
Ask a grown-up for help to make this healthy, fun snack.
What You Need
- 1 container low-fat or Greek yogurt
- Low-sugar cereal
- Measuring cup
- A small bowl or juice cup
How to Make a Yogurt Sundae
1) Wash your hands.
2) Wash and dry the blueberries and raspberries.
3) Open the container of yogurt.
4) Open the box of cereal.
Build your yogurt sundae.
5) Use the spoon to put ½ cup of yogurt in your bowl or cup.
6) Place two or three blueberries and two or three raspberries on top of the yogurt.
7) Pour ¼ cup of cereal on top.
Your sundae is ready to eat. Yummy!
Why a Yogurt Sundae is Healthy for You
Yogurt has calcium, which helps keep your teeth and bones strong.
Blueberries and raspberries have vitamin C, which helps your teeth and gums stay healthy.
Yogurt sundaes can be served as a snack or for breakfast. Yogurt sundaes contain dairy products and fruits, which provide nutrition for kids to grow strong and healthy.
When choosing a cereal for your child, choose a low-sugar cereal. This means that the cereal should have 8 grams of sugar or less per serving.
Kids are more likely to eat something that they have helped make. This yogurt sundae is a great way to let kids help in the kitchen. It also exposes them to different types of food. Kids will enjoy measuring the yogurt and spooning it into the dish. Allow kids to choose different fruits to top their yogurt sundaes such as raisins, peaches, or bananas.