Chef Lizzie: AB&J Sushi Rolls
In this article
Here's a fun twist on a PB&J sandwich. Chef Lizzie uses almond butter instead of peanut butter. This dish tastes good, and it looks cool. Plus, it's healthy and really easy to make. Watch Chef Lizzie make AB&J Sushi Rolls in the FIT Kitchen.
Remember to always get a grown-up's permission and help when you use a knife or work in the kitchen. This recipe makes enough for one person.
AB&J Sushi Rolls
1 slice whole-grain bread
1 spoonful almond butter (Chef Lizzie likes to use the all-natural kind.)
1 spoonful 100% fruit jam (no added sugar)
Chef Lizzie says: Remember to get a grown-up's permission or help when you use a knife.
- Carefully cut the crust off the bread.
- Put the bread on a cutting board. Roll it flat with a rolling pin.
- Spread a thin layer of almond butter on the bread.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on top of the almond butter. Don't use too much, or the next step will get really gooey!
- Start along a long edge of the bread and slowly roll up the bread.
- Use a knife to cut the roll into 4 bite-size pieces, like sushi.
WebMD Medical Reference