Kids' Recipe: Bagel Fruit Face
In this article
Making a bagel fruit face is a yummy way to enjoy different kinds of fruits.
Ask a grown-up for help to make this healthy, fun snack.
What You Need
- ½ Whole grain bagel
- Low-fat cream cheese *
- A table knife
- A plate
* You could substitute peanut butter instead of cream cheese for a protein boost.
How to Make a Bagel Fruit Face
- Wash your hands.
- Wash and dry the blueberries and raspberries.
- Open the container of low-fat cream cheese.
- Take ½ of a whole-grain bagel out of the package and put it on a plate.
Build your bagel fruit face.
- Use the table knife to spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese onto your bagel.
- Place raspberries on the bagel for a mouth.
- Place blueberries on the bagel for eyes.
Your bagel fruit face is ready to eat. Yummy!
Why a Bagel Fruit Face is Healthy for You
Whole grains in the bagel give you fiber that keeps your heart healthy.
Low-fat cream cheese has calcium, which helps keep your bones strong.
Blueberries and raspberries have vitamin C, which helps your teeth and gums stay healthy.
Adding fruit to a bagel is a healthy way to encourage your kids to try different kinds of fruits. Since, children are more likely to eat something that they have helped make, allow them to choose the fruits to put on their bagel. Offer them other choices such as bananas, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, or raisins.
WebMD Medical Reference