Kids' Recipe: Baked Apples
In this article
Baked apple slices make a warm, sweet snack or dessert.
Ask a grown-up for help to make this tasty snack.
What You Need
- 1 apple
- Brown sugar
- Baking pan - or microwave safe baking dish
How to Make Baked Apple Slices
1) Wash your hands.
2) Wash and dry the apple.
3) Open the box of raisins.
4) Open the brown sugar.
5) Open the cinnamon.
Get the fruit ready. You will need help from a grown-up.
Have a grown-up remove the core of the apple and cut the apple into slices.
Cook your apple.
1) Place the apple slices in a small baking pan.
2) Put 12 raisins in with the apple slices.
3) Sprinkle one pinch of brown sugar over the apple slices.
4) Sprinkle cinnamon over the apple slices.
5) Have a grown-up bake the apple slices in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the apple slices are tender. Or the apple slices can also be cooked until they are tender in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave.
Ready to eat.
The apple slices will be hot! Let the apple slices cool. Eat them. Yummy!
Why a Baked Apple is Healthy for You
An apple has fiber, which keeps your heart healthy. The two different kinds of fruit also help you get two servings of fruit a day.
Baking an apple is a different way to serve a common fruit. It is a healthy sweet snack or dessert that is low in unhealthy fat and calories. Children are more likely to try foods that they have helped prepare. Allow your child to select and wash the apple. Have him place the apple slices in the pan and sprinkle the raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
For something different, you could use pear instead of an apple.
WebMD Medical Reference