Chef Lizzie: Turkey Taco Wraps
In this article
Everybody likes tacos. But tortillas and taco shells can be too big and not super healthy. That's why this Turkey Taco Wrap recipe from Chef Lizzie's FIT Kitchen is great.
It uses a big lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla to hold your ingredients together. If you want to use a tortilla, the healthiest option is a corn tortilla that is smaller than your face. There are some pretty huge ones out there!
Remember to always get your parents' permission and help when you work in the kitchen. This recipe makes enough food for 2 people.
Turkey Taco Wraps
2 slices turkey breast
2 big lettuce leaves (like Boston lettuce)
2 slices cheese (Chef Lizzie likes to use sliced provolone) or shredded cheese
1/4 cup black beans
Salsa, to taste (Chef Lizzie likes to use all-natural salsa)
Chef Lizzie says: Be careful when opening cans. Can edges can be sharp!
- Rinse the lettuce leaves. Then dry them on a paper towel.
- Open the can of black beans. (You might need a grown-up's help with the can opener.)
- In the sink, pour the beans into a colander or strainer -- a special bowl with holes. Rinse the beans with water over the sink and the water will drain right out. Then pour the beans onto a paper towel to dry.
- Measure 1/4 cup of beans and put them in a bowl.
- Put 1 piece of lettuce on a plate.
- Put 1 slice of turkey on top of the lettuce.
- Put 1 slice or a sprinkle of cheese on top of the turkey.
- Spoon half of the black beans on top of the cheese.
- Spoon salsa on top of the beans.
Fold the lettuce up like a taco and enjoy!
WebMD Medical Reference